April 25th - Fairfield Hall Croydon - Concert
The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will be joining international musical artists at Fairfield Hall in Croydon on Friday 25th April 2014 at 7.30pm to celebrate the unheard ocean music of whales and dolphins around the world.
'Singing the Oceans Alive' will combine many genres of music with the majestic sound of one of the world's greatest orchestras in this spectacular three hour performance. The guest stars will perform original compositions which incorporate distinctive calls and sounds of various cetacean species. With the aid of projected big screen images of the ocean the concert will be a fully immersive experience for the audience.
The Musical Guests include:
• Composer Gabriel Currington
• Vocalist and song-writer Lucinda Drayton (Bliss)
• African fusion performers The Ganda Boys
• Tibetan Grammy-nominee flautist Nawang Khechog (Awakening Kindness)
• French Armenian composer and Duduk player Levon Minassian
• Composer and platinum record producer Craig Pruess (T.V./Film composer and Sacred Chants series)
• Award-winning pianist Karim Said
• Composer, producer and world-renowned multi-instrumentalist, Premik Tubbs,
• Celebrated British award-winning composer specialising in flute and ancient wind instruments, Tim Wheater
• American singer/songwriter Kristin Hoffmann
Author and Narrator Patricia Cori, whose latest just published top selling book, The Emissary and set to become a major film, will host the evening and share her love of the Whales and Dolphins and her not for profit Save Earths Oceans Inc's efforts to help some of our dearest family members of this blue marble, Earth.
Buy tickets ONLINE here or phone Fairfield Hall direct to book - 020 8688 9291 (10am - 6.00 pm)