Friday 27 September 2013

Jason's funeral and beutifull Maori saying

Jason's funeral will be held at Golders Green Crematorium, Hoop Lane, London NW11 7NL, in the West Chapel, at 12 noon on Saturday 28th September, followed by a reception at Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, in the George Birkbeck Student Union Bar, where he spent many - mostly teetotal - hours.

There are parking spaces along Hoop Lane, outside the crematorium, which is close to Golders Green underground and coach station. Birkbeck is an easy tube ride straight down the Northern Line, but parking there is more difficult: I would suggest that anyone driving in leave their car outside the crematorium.

Jason had very specific requirements for how he wished his life to celebrated and remembered, including that everyone sing Po Atarau, the words of which are printed below. He also specifically requested no flowers (other than one spray on the coffin, which I will make): donations to Macmillan Cancer Support instead please.

Please make sure that these details are passed to everyone who knew Jason and request them to let me know through the wonders of Facebook if they will or are likely to attend, so that I have some idea of numbers for catering. I you wish to say something at the reception, whether a formal speech or a less-structured anecdote, please let me know.

Po atarau
E moea iho nei
E haere ana
Koe ki pamamao
Haere ra;
Ka hoki mai ano;
Ki i te tau
E tangi atu nei

English:
Now is the hour,
When we must say goodbye.
Soon you'll be sailing far across the sea.
While you're away, oh, please remember me.
When you return, you'll find me waiting here.
Now is the hour, when we must say goodbye.
When you return, you'll find me waiting here.
When you return, you'll find me waiting here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info....RIP Jason..Drusilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry to hear of your passing away, and hope you are resting on the other side, all the best wishes...

    ReplyDelete